About Me

Well, the clever reader would always figure out who I am and "about me" from the way I write, so we will leave it at that, shall we?

Monday, July 03, 2006

Your friend … the Phoenix … to rest

In the Beginning there was only me. There was none who knew my glory. In fact, somebody predicted that this world had no use for more than five more of me. Thankfully, Mr. Gates came along and threw open your windows to the world through me ☺.

The moment you came into contact with me we became good pals. You used me as your medium to give vent to your creativity. Through my monitor, I transformed your imagination into visualization. My keyboard was the springboard to your latent talent. As your fingers ran deftly on it, it unlocked all the ideas that were cluttering your mind space, accepting them all gleefully into my ever-fragmenting hard-drive space. My mouse brought the world literally to your fingertips. When you longed for entertainment I was there for you to play with.

Soon ennui ensued. I responded by networking with my fellow brethren, thus making it possible for you to share creativity, enhance your knowledge, extend your reach and spread your ideas. In fact, for long time I was your best mate.

All those times we spent together in SSSHCC were truly wonderful and really unforgettable (Remember the Net Logger) When I took your messages to your geographically distant acquaintances I was your feelings, when I showed your photos of recent events I was your nostalgia, when I spewed out those user-friendly error messages, well, I was just being your honest friend. In short, I was reflection of you when you sat in front of me.

Now, mes amigos, it is time for you to showcase all that you have gleaned from me through this long association and reap rich rewards. While I, after working tirelessly for you all for the past ten months, under my physio’s prescription will effect a change of state – from Jagratha to Sushupthi, on Tuesday, March 7th 2006.

Still, you can rest assured that this phoenix will be back, thanks to my evangelist Mr. Gates, with even newer Vistas when the next academic year begins.
By the way, the first name of Mr. Gates is BILL and I am sure you would clear it in the name of our friendship. See you in June amigos. So long, good bye, Au revoir
Personal.computer@SSSHCC.ciao

No comments: